2017 ORA Entry Form Part 1 of 4
Launched in 1992, the Outstanding Retailer Awards (ORAs) are the industry’s only independent awards program dedicated to celebrating the achievements of hardware, home improvement and building supply dealers in Canada. In its 23-year history, the program has honoured more than 140 retailers.
Who can enter:
All Canadian home improvement retailers/dealers that have operated under the current ownership for at least two years are eligible.
Who can submit entries:
(a) Dealers may submit their entries directly.
(b) Chain/buying group head offices may choose to select their best dealer(s) and prepare their entries for them, in collaboration with the dealer. Head offices may enter more than one store per category.
(c) Vendors may identify specific outstanding retailers for entry.
How to enter:
A basic entry consists of filling out the this online form. An entry can also be submitted by mailing a three-ring binder containing text and photographs describing your business successes. It is mandatory to answer fully answer all 20 questions for your application to be judged. Video and audio materials are optional. (They may be useful if you have very unusual and/or effective broadcast commercials that were made just for your business. But they are rarely the decisive factor in winning.)
Categories to enter:
1. Best Hardware Store (any size)
2. Best Building Supply/Home Centre (under 15,000 square feet)
3. Best Building Supply/Home Centre (over 15,000 square feet)
4. Young Retailer Award (a store manager 35 or under; entrants may be owners or chain employees)
5. Marc Robichaud Community Leader. This award is open to all stores. Its purpose is to celebrate the outstanding contributions/events, charitable donations, etc., made by a store’s staff/managers/owners to the community they serve.
6. Best Large Surface Retailer (over 65,000 square feet)
7. Best Contractor Specialist Store
Judges will be looking for a variety of things, including excellence in customer service, overall store appearance, merchandising, marketing, employee management, community involvement and sales growth.
SUBMITING YOUR ENTRY ONLINE
1. Complete all four parts of this online submission form.
2. Submit five exterior shots, and a minimum of 20 interior ones. You can choose to upload photos of your store online in part four of the online form or you may mail a USB, CD, or printed photos to: Hardlines Inc., 528 Queen St. E., Toronto, Ontario, M5A 1V2. Photography need not be professional-quality but properly developed picture are better than printouts on laser paper. Please label all photos. Exterior shots should include signage and a view from the street or parking lot. (Building centres should include lumberyard pics.) Interior shots should include owner/manager and staff, view from the front entrance, power and other aisles, end caps, in-store promotions and contractor service desk, if there is one.
Please check the category or categories you are entering:
Best Hardware Store (any size)
Best Building Supply/Home Centre (under 15,000 square feet)
Best Building Supply/Home Centre (over 15,000 square feet)
Young Retailer Award (a store manager 35 or under; entrants may be owners or chain employees)
Marc Robichaud Community Leader. This award is open to all stores.
Best Large Surface Retailer (over 65,000 square feet)
Best Contractor Specialist Store
I would like to nominate:
Co-op or Buying Group(s) if applicable
Name of Owner(s)
Name of Manager (if differs from above)
Address Line 2
State / Province / Region
Postal / Zip Code
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
British Indian Ocean Territory
Central African Republic
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Republic of the Congo
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Sao Tome and Principe
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Virgin Islands, British
Virgin Islands, U.S.
Website (if applicable)
Entry Submitted By:
Please enter the info of the person who submitted this entry
Name of person who submitted this entry
Email of person who submitted this entry
Phone Number of person who submitted this entry
Click submit to go to part 2
You will not be able to go back to this form once you click submit
Do Not Fill This Out